Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good.
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 340.19 g can tomato paste
- 354.88 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 8.62 ml salt, divided
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 709.77 ml 2% fat cottage cheese
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 78.07 ml minced fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, broil chicken 6 inches from the heat until juices run clear; let stand for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Shred chicken with two forks. Drain noodles; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the shredded chicken, tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, onion, basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan cheese, parsley, pepper and remaining salt.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, place half of the noodles, overlapping them. Layer with half of the cheese mixture, chicken mixture and mozzarella. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
I made this for Photo Tag and it is delicious. The only changes I made were using fresh garlic in place of the garlic powder and using whole grain lasagna noodles, which provide fiber and tasted wonderful. Thanks for posting this fresh take on an old favorite recipe.