Recipe by Salesgirl
Delicious comfort food that is enthusiastically received by company too! It takes some effort but well worth it! Hope you will review my post.
Top Review by Kendra Jean's Kitchen
This is comfort food at it's finest. We have prepared it twice. (For a change I added thawed and drained chopped spinach to add color). Yummy either way. Thank you Salesgirl.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄3 lb prosciutto
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles. Drain and rinse in cold water. Lay flat on paper towels.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden.
- Lower heat and add garlic and parsley for a couple more minutes. Do not brown.
- In a separate pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter.
- Add flour and stir until combined.
- Add milk and chicken stock bit by bit until incorporated. Cook until thickened - do not boil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour half and half in bottom on 10x12 baking pan.
- Layer with noodles, mushroom mixture, chicken and Prosiutto and 1/3 each of ricotta mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover with 1/3 white sauce.
- Repeat layers then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake uncover at 350 for about 40 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.