Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My great-aunt's delicious Chicken Lasagne. Serves 10-12 and is great left-over. Can be made a day in advance in case you are expecting company. It is easy to make and tastes wonderful!!
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 6 -8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Mix all ingredients for Mushroom sauce in a pan on the stove. Heat to medium.
- When warm, add chicken cubes to sauce and let simmer while noodles cook.
- Cook Lasagne noodles according to package directions.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Put 1 layer cooked noodles on the bottom of the pan.
- On top of noodles, spread half of mushroom/chicken sauce.
- Next, sprinkle with 3/4 C cottage cheese, 1 C cheddar, 1/4 C parmesan.
- Repeat layers, (noodles, sauce, cheeses) ending with parmesan on top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. If made the day before, bring out of fridge 1 hour early to warm to room temperature.
- Let rest for 15 minutes after baking to solidify.