Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Chicken, beans, canned chili and Velveeta--I am in heaven.
Top Review by christina1998
WONDERFUL! The only thing I changed was I used original tomatoes&green chilies and 16oz plain velveeta, for a nacho dinner. My wife ate it like a casserole and I ate it on nachos. This will be perfect for a crock pot dish/dip for our HUGE family reunion. I can't wait to eat the left overs today. 2 thumbs up from this girl!
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans (I use Wolfe brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup canned tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel brand, either mild or hot)
- 8 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese (mild or hot)
Directions See How It's Made
- Distribute the chicken evenly over the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish (glass or ceramic); set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and bell pepper; stir/saute for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are softened.
- Distribute the onion/pepper mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Spread the chili evenly over the top.
- Distribute the pinto beans and then the tomatoes evenly over the top.
- Cut the Velveeta into thick slices and place them over the tomatoes.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 28-32 mintues or until the casserole is bubbly around the edges and the Velveeta is melted.