Chicken, beans, canned chili and Velveeta--I am in heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans (I use Wolfe brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1/4 cup canned tomatoes and green chilies (I use Rotel brand, either mild or hot)
- 8 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese (mild or hot)
- 1Distribute the chicken evenly over the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish (glass or ceramic); set aside.
- 2In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 3Add in the onion and bell pepper; stir/saute for 3-4 minutes or until the veggies are softened.
- 4Distribute the onion/pepper mixture evenly over the chicken.
- 5Spread the chili evenly over the top.
- 6Distribute the pinto beans and then the tomatoes evenly over the top.
- 7Cut the Velveeta into thick slices and place them over the tomatoes.
- 8Bake in a 375° oven for 28-32 mintues or until the casserole is bubbly around the edges and the Velveeta is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Laredo
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.2
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 768.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 25.9 g