This recipe, given to me by a friend, has all the fantastic flavours of a creamy chicken laksa without the guilt. Its also super easy to make!
- 400 g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (cut into thin strips)
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum (cut into thin strips)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup shallot (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass (in jar)
- 3 teaspoons laksa paste (or Massaman Curry paste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 250 ml chicken stock, liquid
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups singapore noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 375 ml reduced-fat evaporated milk
- In a large frypan sauté chicken, garlic and ginger together for 4 minutes.
- Toss in carrots and capsicum and cook another 2 minutes.
- Place all other ingredients except milk and cornflour in the pan and mix well.
- In a separate container, mix milk and cornflour well and then add to pan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.