Recipe by Fairy Nuff
A good, spicy, filling soup. This is the only soup I can make that my family will accept as a meal - we love the Thai flavours of lime, coriander, fish sauce and coconut....mmm!
Top Review by mianbao
What can I say? It's wonderful! Very easy to make, full of spice, crunchiness and flavor. It was nice to have a cup measurement for the fresh coriander, instead of "1 bunch." Thank you very much for sharing another excellent recipe with us.
- 200 g thin dried noodles
- 2 red chilies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 cm peeled and roughly chopped green ginger
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 118.29 ml coriander root, stems and leaves
- 50 ml sesame oil
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1000.0 ml light coconut milk
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 118.29 ml mint leaf
- 3 finely sliced green onions
- 236.59 ml fresh bean sprout
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Put chillies, garlic, ginger, coriander seeds, fresh coriander and oil into food processor and process to a coarse paste.
- Slice the chicken breasts diagonally.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat add the paste and fry for 1 minute, stir well.
- Add coconut milk and stock.
- Bring to boil, simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice.
- Divide noodles between bowls and ladle soup over them.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves, green onions,bean shoots and lime wedges.