Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Allyson Gofton - This Laksa is not too hot and warming on a cold winter night.
- 500 g boneless chicken, without skin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 100 g snow peas or 100 g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk (use lite if wished)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 200 g dried Asian noodles
- 2 -3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- chopped coriander, and
- 2 -3 mint leaves (to garnish)
- Cut the chicken pieces into thin strips.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the chicken over a moderate heat until golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli to the pan and cook one minute.
- Increase the heat and add the snow peas or green beans and ground coriander and cook a further minute.
- Add the coconut cream, stock, fish sauce, noodles, spring onions and chicken and simmer gently for about 3-4 minutes until the noodles are tender and the chicken cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
I used cooked chicken (leftover from Recipe #94437) I had no snow peas so used broccoli florets and had no mint so used basil instead. A delicious way to use leftovers thank you.