1/1 Photo of Chicken Laguna
Vic Krishnan (Kannan)'s Note:
Named after where the recipe was created. Laguna City. It is a hot, spicy and tangy version of the Indian Chicken Curry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 500 g chicken breasts
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 piece ginger
- 4 red chilies
- 6 teaspoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 50 g curry leaves
- 1Grind the garlic, ginder and chilies into fine paste.
- 2Add 4 tablespoon oil into the wok and set the fire at high.
- 3Add the ground paste.
- 4Once garlic starts to brown, cut the onion into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- 5Once onions go soft, add the spices and the chickpea flour onto the wok.
- 6Reduce the gas to medium and add the balance 2 tablespoons of oil.
- 7Stir well until the spices and the chickpea flour start browning.
- 8Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and add to the wok.
- 9Add a glass of water and deglaze the wok.
- 10When the water starts boiling, cover the wok and turn the gas to low.
- 11Soon the oil starts separating and the tomatoes starts to disintegrate.
- 12Once the oil has seperated, remove the lid, turn the fire to medium and add 2 more glasses of water.
- 13Once the mixture starts to thicken, add the chicken breast (cut into small cubes of 1 cm each).
- 14Mix well and increase the fire to high.
- 15Again the mixture will start to thicken and when that happens, add another glass of water, cover the wok and set the fire to low.
- 16Let the chicken simmer and cook slowly for 30mts.
- 17Remove the lid, set the fire to medium, add the curry leaves and let it simmer for another 15mts.
- 18Serve with hot Chappatis or Rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Laguna
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 842.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: