Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an easy take on chicken cordon blue. Its so easy and is a breeze to prepare. My family loves this dish, I hope yours does too.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 6 -8 slices ham
- 6 -8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can milk (using the empty soup can)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Place chicken in sprayed 9 x 13 pan.
- Layer on top of the chicken the ham, swiss cheese and salt and pepper.
- Mix together the mushroom soup and the milk.
- Pour over the layers.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 1 1/2 hours.
I brought this over to my family for dinner tonight and everyone just loved it! The only changes I made were that I used Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic, which gave it some zip and a wonderful flavor. I also used some adobo seasoning, pepper garlic powder and onion powder on top of the chicken. I also cooked it at 350 for 45 minutes and 375 for the last 45 minutes. Great easy recipe.
Delish, I sauted the chicken breasts with onion and garlic before I baked them so it wouldn't take so long to bake, also omitted the breadcrumbs because I wanted to use the sauce on mashed potatoes. Thanks for the great recipe.