Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This one takes a little preparation but if you plan ahead and bake the chicken ahead of time along with something else baking in the oven, it saves time. Also, you save time by having the sauce cooking while the chicken is baking. I highly recommend using fresh grated Parmesan. If you are accustomed to the canned variety, you will never go back once you grate your own.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine tomato sauce, celery, onion, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon papper, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and bay leaf in a large sauce pan; stir well.
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until celery is tender.
- Combine egg, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture; roll in bread crumbs, coating well.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch strips.
- Partially cook linguine according to package directions; drain.
- Place linguine in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Spoon half the sauce mixture over linguine.
- Arrange chicken over sauce; spoon remaining sauce mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.