Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an excellent way to use up the leftover chicken from a Sunday roast! Traditionally this recipe has cream in it, so it's also quite a lot healthier than the original version, so good for those looking to lose a few pounds too. PS - I use Campbell's soup, but any condensed mushroom soup should work, just make sure that it is condensed! This recipe is taken from my blog located at: http://onceuponathyme.wordpress.com/
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g roasted chicken meat, shredded
- 50 g peas
- 1 (295 ml) can condensed mushroom soup
- 50 ml milk
- 50 ml water
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and gently fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the mushroom soup, water and milk and cook to a simmer.
- Now add in the shredded chicken and peas (I usually defrost the peas first) and continue to heat through until the chicken has warmed through.
- Serve either with pasta or boiled rice.
I used fat free half and half instead of the milk and water and it was glorious! Made it rich and creamy!!!! a really good Sauce
I tried this recipe after a previous good review and I liked it a lot. If I'm honest I have tasted creamier recipes before - but for the simplicity and health factor I have to give it a 5 stars. I guess you could always add in a bit of cream if you wish!
I tried this recipe today and used up the leftover chicken from the day before and it was great. Really quick and easy to make, very economical and the kids loved it!