Recipe by Andrew Schofield
This is an excellent way to use up the leftover chicken from a Sunday roast! Traditionally this recipe has cream in it, so it's also quite a lot healthier than the original version, so good for those looking to lose a few pounds too. PS - I use Campbell's soup, but any condensed mushroom soup should work, just make sure that it is condensed! This recipe is taken from my blog located at: http://onceuponathyme.wordpress.com/
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g roasted chicken meat, shredded
- 50 g peas
- 1 (295 ml) can condensed mushroom soup
- 50 ml milk
- 50 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and gently fry the mushrooms for 3 minutes until softened.
- Pour in the mushroom soup, water and milk and cook to a simmer.
- Now add in the shredded chicken and peas (I usually defrost the peas first) and continue to heat through until the chicken has warmed through.
- Serve either with pasta or boiled rice.