1/1 Photo of Chicken Kundou (Kashmiri Style Chicken)
1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from Pan American's Round the World Cookbook. Posted for ZWT6. This recipe comes from Kashmir, a region of the Indian subcontinent that is claimed by both India and Pakistan. The original says you can substitute 1 teaspoon powdered ginger for the fresh, but I don't recommend this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- 2Add onions and saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add ginger, garlic and cayenne.
- 4Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add buttermilk and tomatoes.
- 6Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 7Add nuts, chicken and salt.
- 8Cook over low heat for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
- 9Pour cream over chicken and stir well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kundou (Kashmiri Style Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1284.4
- Calories from Fat 887
- Total Fat 98.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 395.3 mg
- Sodium 1326.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 81.8 g