Recipe by rebecca684
This is a fantastic recipe I got from Martha Stewart Magazine. It is the perfect summer dish! If I don't have the ground chicken on hand, I use boneless, skinless chicken breast. I marinate the chicken in a greek marinade and grill till done. Then, I slice up the chicken and add to the pitas. Either way works great! You can also omit the mint leaves if you don't have them on hand. The recipe is just as good without them. Also, I sometimes substitute tortillas for the pita if I don't have them.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced finely
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, cut into slices
- 4 pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until well combined. Form mixture into 8 oval patties.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cucumber and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Divide patties and tomatoes among pitas. Top with cucumber-yogurt sauce and mint. Fold to enclose and serve.