Recipe by Brian Holley
This dish is from the north of India. Mild and creamy due to the use of cream, yogurt and almonds. A good dish for those who are just starting out in the world of curry eating.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken, and cubed
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 green cardamoms, split open
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 5 ounces single cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender process the almonds, ginger and garlic with 3 tbsp water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken till browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan drain and set aside.
- To the pan add the cardamoms and the onions and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the almond/garlic paste, cumin and salt, cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the yogurt, stir, add the chicken, cover the pan and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the toasted almonds.