Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A mild and creamy style curry from the north of India. The use of cream, yogurt and ground almonds put this dish into the luxury class. Simple and quick to make.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 ounce ground almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 green cardamom pods, split open
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pint plain yogurt
- 1 cup single cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- In a blender mix the ground almonds,and garlic with the ginger and a little water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken till brown. Drain the ckicken on kitchen paper.
- Add the cardamom and onions to the pan and fry for 5 minutes Stir in the almond paste and cook for 5 mins over low heat.
- Slowly add the yogurt to the pan stirring all the time till it is incorporated. put the chicken in the pan, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 5 minutes.
- garnish with the toasted almonds and coriander leaves.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.
Good recipe. Easy to put together and cook. I only have 1 small comment to make and that is
that I added a small ammount of yellow food coloring. This does not take anything away from the recipe as this does not alter the taste in any way. It is only that I have always had korma that has a creamy color. On finishing the cooking I added extra coconut cream, salt, and a small ammount of sugar.I left out the coriander leaves as these are not to my taste. As everyones taste is different I suggest you should taste as you go along and add if you think something else is needed. Enjoy!!!
Didn't taste right, towards the end I had to add spices and more cream to save it from being a total waste. I love chicken korma but something in this recipe was definitely off....
lovely simple recipe :)