Recipe by Brian Holley
A mild and creamy style curry from the north of India. The use of cream, yogurt and ground almonds put this dish into the luxury class. Simple and quick to make.
Top Review by maysden
Good recipe. Easy to put together and cook. I only have 1 small comment to make and that is
that I added a small ammount of yellow food coloring. This does not take anything away from the recipe as this does not alter the taste in any way. It is only that I have always had korma that has a creamy color. On finishing the cooking I added extra coconut cream, salt, and a small ammount of sugar.I left out the coriander leaves as these are not to my taste. As everyones taste is different I suggest you should taste as you go along and add if you think something else is needed. Enjoy!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 ounce ground almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 green cardamom pods, split open
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pint plain yogurt
- 1 cup single cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender mix the ground almonds,and garlic with the ginger and a little water to make a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken till brown. Drain the ckicken on kitchen paper.
- Add the cardamom and onions to the pan and fry for 5 minutes Stir in the almond paste and cook for 5 mins over low heat.
- Slowly add the yogurt to the pan stirring all the time till it is incorporated. put the chicken in the pan, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and cook for 5 minutes.
- garnish with the toasted almonds and coriander leaves.
- Serve with plain boiled rice.