1/1 Photo of Chicken Kiev With Butter Bean Mash
Chicken Kiev is one of those old favourites that everyone loves, especially the kids - this version is served with a smooth butter bean purée.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 -5 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the butter bean mash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese or 3 ounces gruyere, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce or 3 drops other hot chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge, and
- green salad, to serve
- 1Using a small knife, horizontally cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- 2Mix together the butter, parsley, garlic and plenty of salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast.
- 3Stir together the breadcrumbs and parmesan. Dust the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour then the beaten egg and finally, roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- 5To make the butter bean purée heat the olive oil in a small pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the beans to the pan and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warmed through. Add the cheese to the pan with the butter stirring until melted.
- 6Using a hand blender, whiz the mixture until smooth and creamy. Stir in the cilantro, if using, and add salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- 7Spoon the purée onto serving plates and top with the chicken Kiev. Serve with lemon wedges and crisp green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kiev With Butter Bean Mash
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1053.6
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 255.3 mg
- Sodium 1460.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 49.1 g