Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great, lite version of chicken kiev. Great for folks on LAWL.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1⁄2 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons butter substitute, cut into 6 equal slices
- 1 tablespoon lite breadcrumbs, seasoned with
- spices or herbs, of your choice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Coat a 6-cup muffin tin with non-fat cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with the Lite salt and pepper then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the parsley mixture on one side of each breast.
- Place a slice of butter/butter substitute (ala Smart Balance) in the center of each piece of chicken and tightly roll up each breast, tucking in the sides as you roll. Place the rolls seam-side down in the muffin cups then sprinkle with the bread crumbs and paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the juices run clear. Serve immediately.
- 1 serving= 1/6th of recipe.
- LAWL count: 1P, 1Fat.
YES YES YES! TRUE! GREAT Chicken Kiev , LOW FAT too! Know this might sound simple, but I buttered each piece, Didn't worry about folding IN seams and when place it in mini meatloaf pans, would be same release! Used roasted garlic and herb bread crumbs, are yummy too! GREAT TASTE without all the fat...SOOOOOOOOOOO healthy for YOU! THANKS!