Top Review by Tea Girl
This recipe is very good and relatively easy. The recipe didn't say what kind of green chilies to use and I think mine overpowered the cheese and the breading because it was a bit too hot, so I think something like jalapenos would have been better. I think next time I would use more mild chilies. I served it with a Spanish rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese or 2 ounces jalapeno jack cheese, cut into 4 strips
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in ziploc bag and flatten with meat mallet or rolling pin. Place chilies and cheese in middle of breast and roll up from short end; secure with toothpicks.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan/romano, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken rolls in melted butter then dredge in breadcrumbs. Place in greased 9x9 baking dish. Cover and chill for 8 hours to combine flavors.
- Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is done; discard toothpicks. Serve with salsa.