Recipe by traceyannehall
A cheap, professional looking, filling meal with the filling of your your choice--even the WORST cook can impress friends with this one! I've chosen cheese and ham, but use the filling of your choice! If you want traditional kievs, make garlic butter by mixing butter, parsley and garlic and freezing it for 5 minutes in 4 portions for this dish.
- 8 chicken breasts
- 200 g of golden breadcrumbs
- 6 slices ham (chopped into pieces)
- 300 g of grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Take each chicken breast. fold it in a layer of cling film to stop splatter, and beat till wafer thin (a drink bottle full of cold water does well as a rolling pin).
- Lay the first four chicken breasts once beaten thin on a baking tray.
- Fill a bowl full of breadcrumbs; dip one side of the bottom in the crumbs.
- Lay on the breast a layer of the cheese and ham filling, leaving a ridge around the edge for the "lid" to stick on.
- Take a beaten thin breast and dip one side in the breadcrumb, then place over the base firming down the edges (they WILL seal together).
- Do this to each one until you have 4 "kievs".
- Bake at gas mark 4.5 for 45 minutes.
- Serve with a crisp salad-enjoy!