Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chicken Kiev Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (cut into 1 tablespoon-size tabs)
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 -5 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise then thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted (may use marble rye)
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet or grillpan over med-high heat.
- On a cutting board, combine 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, chopped chives, and chopped thyme; dip the tabs of cold butter into the herbs one at a time, pressing the herbs into the butter to coat them completely.
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into 4 large patties, no more than 1-inch thick.
- Nest 1 herb-coated cold butter tab into the center of each patty and gently form the patty around the butter.
- Drizzle olive oil over the patties and place them in a hot skillet/grillpan.
- Cook 5-6 minutes on each side.
- While burgers are cooking, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, horseradish, and remaining mustard in a bowl; add in the radishes, red onion, carrots, cucumber, celery, coleslaw mix, and remaining 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine; serve the Kiev burgers open-faced on a slice of toast with the salad alongside.