Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great for dinner parties, very rich tasting. I like to serve it with rice and a salad.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half,flattened
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped,mix with green onion
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In large sauce pan melt 1/4 cup butter, let cool enough to touch butter without burning yourself.
- Dip chicken breasts in butter, place back of chicken breast in breadcrumbs, place on plate, unbreaded side up.
- (Discard butter because it was in with raw chicken) Place approx 1 tblsp of onion/parsley mixture in center of chicken breast, fold sides of chicken breast to middle and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking add remaining onion/ parsley mixture to 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour over chicken when chicken has about 5 minutes left.
- Serve and enjoy!
Fab recipe. I enjoyed making this almost as much as eating it!