Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine, so simple to make and taste just like the bought ones! :)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic (in jar)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 4 (125 g) skinless chicken breasts
- 8 toothpicks
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
- Pre heat oven to 180c.
- In a small mixing bowl beat margarine, garlic and parsley for 30 seconds. Slowly add milk a little at a time until blended. Leave to one side. Using a mallet flatten chicken breasts. Spoon a quarter of the margarine mixture onto centre of each chicken piece. Lift edges of chicken and then roll breast up over filling tightly, making sure filling is well sealed inside the chicken breast roll. Secure chicken with a couple of toothpicks in each breast. On a dinner plate beat egg white and milk together. Pour breadcrumbs on another plate. Coat chicken in egg mix then roll in breadcrumbs until well coated. Coat a baking tray with cooking spray, place chicken on tray and coat with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Very good recipe for chicken kiev. The only change I would make the next time would be to use garlic powder instead of the crushed garlic and also salt & pepper the chicken prior to rolling up for a little extra flavor. We really enjoyed it - thanks for posting!