Recipe by KittyKitty
My mom makes this all the time, and we had it alot growing up. It's pretty simple to make.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and seasonings, blend thoroughly. Shape butter mixture into a stick; cover and freeze about 45 minutes or until firm.
- Place each piece of chicken in between 2 sheets of wax paper. Flatten each chicken piece to 1/4 inch using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Cut stick of butter mixture into pats; place a pat in center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides of chicken over butter; fold ends over and secure with a toothpick. Dredge each piece in flour, dip in egg, cover with breadcrumbs.
- Fry chicken in 1 inch hot oil cooking 5 minutes on each side or until brown.