This meal is easy to put together, but makes such a nice impression. Great for guests, or dinner for a special someone. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole chicken breasts, boned,split and skin removed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1In a small bowl, blend butter, parsley, tarragon, chives, garlic salt and pepper.
- 2Shape into a 4-inch square on aluminum foil.
- 3Wrap and freeze until firm, 30-40 minutes .
- 4Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 5Cut frozen butter square into 12 pieces.
- 6Place 1 piece of butter in the center of each chicken breast.
- 7Fold chicken over butter, making sure butter is sealed completely inside chicken.
- 8Fasten with wooden picks.
- 9Roll chicken in flour; dip in beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs; repeat.
- 10Heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil in deep fryer to 340*F (170*C).
- 11Fry chicken, 3 pieces at a time, until deep golden brown, about 8 minutes, turning if necessary; drain.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kiev
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.7
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 582.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.0 g