Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 mins
This meal is easy to put together, but makes such a nice impression. Great for guests, or dinner for a special someone. Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon snipped chives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole chicken breasts, boned,split and skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a small bowl, blend butter, parsley, tarragon, chives, garlic salt and pepper.
- Shape into a 4-inch square on aluminum foil.
- Wrap and freeze until firm, 30-40 minutes .
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut frozen butter square into 12 pieces.
- Place 1 piece of butter in the center of each chicken breast.
- Fold chicken over butter, making sure butter is sealed completely inside chicken.
- Fasten with wooden picks.
- Roll chicken in flour; dip in beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs; repeat.
- Heat 3-4 inches of vegetable oil in deep fryer to 340*F (170*C).
- Fry chicken, 3 pieces at a time, until deep golden brown, about 8 minutes, turning if necessary; drain.
I had to double this complete recipe, I used seasoned salt and increased the fresh garlic and black pepper, I served the chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy, it just doesn't get any better than this! thanks fos sharing hon!...Kitten :)
Loved the addition of the tarragon to this classic. I wouldn't, however, classsify this as an easy recipe- wrapping up those breasts can be a major pain I think! Really enjoyed the end result though- thanks for this.
This was good and easy to assemble. I used home made bread crumbs, because I think the flavor is better than store bought.