Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simpler version of my other Chicken Kelaguen recipe. This particular one is from the VQ-1 Officers' Wives' Club Cookbook circa 1983.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hot peppers
- 1 cup grated coconut meat
- Cut chicken up, sprinkle with salt.
- Grill or broil chicken until done.
- Cool and debone chicken, chop finely.
- Place chicken in bowl, mix in lemon and onion.
- Mash peppers with salt and add to chicken.
- Add coconut just before serving.