This is a spicy (hot) chicken dish from Guam. This version is more work than my other one, but is richer in flavor, in my opinion. Be careful with the hot peppers! Wear gloves if possible, and wash your hands thoroughly after, not touching your face.
- Mix soy sauce with lemon juice. Add finely chopped onion and peppers. Let sit a few days in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend.
- Marinate the chicken in the Finadene sauce overnight. Grill/broil the chicken, basting with the sauce. After it is done, cool the chicken, debone and shred it.
- Open the coconut and discard the liquid inside. Grate the coconut meat. After the coconut is grated, pick it up in your hands and squeeze it over a bowl to collect the milk. Mix the milk with an equal amount of lemon juice and chill.
- Mix the green onions, peppers, and coconut meat to the chicken. Slowly mix the coconut milk and lemon juice into the chicken, stirring well.
- Serve warm on or in pita bread.