1/1 Photo of Chicken Kelaguen - in Depth
This is a spicy (hot) chicken dish from Guam. This version is more work than my other one, but is richer in flavor, in my opinion. Be careful with the hot peppers! Wear gloves if possible, and wash your hands thoroughly after, not touching your face.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix soy sauce with lemon juice. Add finely chopped onion and peppers. Let sit a few days in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend.
- 2Marinate the chicken in the Finadene sauce overnight. Grill/broil the chicken, basting with the sauce. After it is done, cool the chicken, debone and shred it.
- 3Open the coconut and discard the liquid inside. Grate the coconut meat. After the coconut is grated, pick it up in your hands and squeeze it over a bowl to collect the milk. Mix the milk with an equal amount of lemon juice and chill.
- 4Mix the green onions, peppers, and coconut meat to the chicken. Slowly mix the coconut milk and lemon juice into the chicken, stirring well.
- 5Serve warm on or in pita bread.
Browse Our Top Micro/Melanesia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Micro/Melanesia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kelaguen - in Depth
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.2
- Calories from Fat 621
- Total Fat 69.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 4535.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 61.8 g