Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Moroccan chicken recipe, and super easy! Marinate the chicken, then simmer it and it's ready! Taken from Moroccan Mediterranean Cuisine published by Konemann. Prep time includes 1 hour marinating.
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- Cut the wings and thighs off the chicken. Cut the back away from the breasts, then split the breasts down the middle, leaving them on the bone.
- Make marinade by chopping parsley and mixing with saffron, 1 tsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Place chicken pieces into marinade, turn to coat, and let sit 1 hour in the fridge.
- Fry the chicken in the marinade briefly (about 1 minute), then cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is simmering, chop onions into thin slices, salt, and fry over low heat in 1 tbsp vegetable oil until soft and translucent.
- Shortly before serving, mix almonds with onions and fry for a few minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice or couscous.