1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Da Huz's Note:
Delicious Moroccan chicken recipe, and super easy! Marinate the chicken, then simmer it and it's ready! Taken from Moroccan Mediterranean Cuisine published by Konemann. Prep time includes 1 hour marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the wings and thighs off the chicken. Cut the back away from the breasts, then split the breasts down the middle, leaving them on the bone.
- 2Make marinade by chopping parsley and mixing with saffron, 1 tsp olive oil, and 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 3Place chicken pieces into marinade, turn to coat, and let sit 1 hour in the fridge.
- 4Fry the chicken in the marinade briefly (about 1 minute), then cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5While chicken is simmering, chop onions into thin slices, salt, and fry over low heat in 1 tbsp vegetable oil until soft and translucent.
- 6Shortly before serving, mix almonds with onions and fry for a few minutes.
- 7Serve with basmati rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kedra
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1275.7
- Calories from Fat 909
- Total Fat 101.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 251.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 73.9 g