Recipe by Sackville
This just seems like the ideal dish for summer and barbecuing season!
Top Review by kamocean
We really liked this! Very easy! I marinated the chicken for a several hours in the fridge (I did end up adding more olive oil to coat everything.) I even cooked the kabobs on my George Foreman grill! I cooked them for 3-4min. I used rice wine vinegar since that was all I had, and I didn't have any fresh herbs, so I used dried ones (about a teaspoon for every "sprig") and it was still delicious. I bet it'd be even better with fresh ones! I served red grapes along side everything. Fabulous, simple summer dinner! We're having it again tonight.
For the kebabs
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the salad
- 1 kg new potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch mint or 1 bunch basil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the chicken into kebab size pieces.
- Put the garlic along with a sprinkling of salt and pepper in a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken.
- Add the thyme, lemon juice and olive oil- mix together in the bowl.
- Mix the chicken into the marinade, stirring to coat completely.
- Cover and chill while you make the salad.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender but not mushy.
- Cut into thick slices and put in a serving bowl.
- Pick the leaves off the basil or mint and place in a blender.
- Do the same to the rosemary and add those too.
- Add the garlic, vinegar and virgin olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Blitz until you have a green purée.
- Spoon the purée over the potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Now it's time to cook the kebabs.
- Make sure your cooking instrument of choice (BBQ or grill) is nice and hot.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, shaking off any excess marinade.
- Lay on the cooking surface and cook for about three minutes a side, turning as the chicken forms a thick, golden crust.
- Serve with potato salad and side dishes of your choice.