Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Feb 2005 House and Home with variations to make it Kosher.
Make and share this Chicken Kebabs With Coriander Mint Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup pareve sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups packed fresh coriander leaves (soaked in cold water with 1/2 tsp salt and checked for bugs)
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint leaves (soaked as above)
- 1 hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 1⁄4 cup pareve sour cream
- combine pareve (tofu) sour cream, garlic, garam masala, salt and cayenne in a bowl. Add chicken cubes, tossing to coat. Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- In food processor combine all chutney ingredients except pareve sour cream. Puree until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally. Add sour cream and blend briefly. Transfer to container; cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- Thread chicken alternating with onion onto 8 : bamboo skewers. Arrange skewers on parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree over for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- serve with chutney.