from Feb 2005 House and Home with variations to make it Kosher.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pareve sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 sweet onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups packed fresh coriander leaves (soaked in cold water with 1/2 tsp salt and checked for bugs)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves (soaked as above)
- 1 hot green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 1/4 cup pareve sour cream
- 1combine pareve (tofu) sour cream, garlic, garam masala, salt and cayenne in a bowl. Add chicken cubes, tossing to coat. Cover, refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2In food processor combine all chutney ingredients except pareve sour cream. Puree until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally. Add sour cream and blend briefly. Transfer to container; cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- 3Thread chicken alternating with onion onto 8 : bamboo skewers. Arrange skewers on parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake in preheated 500 degree over for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- 5serve with chutney.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kebabs With Coriander Mint Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 128.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.5 g