Recipe by DailyInspiration
A delightful Asian-inspired kebab of chicken and pineapple flavored with a ginger-orange marinade. Recipe is from an old Sunset booklet which I re-discovered in my treasure trove of old cookbooks.
Top Review by breezermom
Very easy and delicious recipe! I cut this down for just 1 chicken breast and adjusted the ingredients according to weight. The chicken turned out nice and moist, and I just love grilled pineapple! I also grilled some zucchini and tomatoes to enjoy with this delicious dish. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 3.69 ml fresh orange zest
- 78.07 ml fresh orange juice
- 44.37 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 19.71 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 19.71 ml rice vinegar
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 680.38 g chicken breasts, skinned and boned (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl, mix orange zest, juice, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, oil, and coriander - reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Stir chicken in remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Lift chicken from marinade and drain briefly (discard marinade). Thread chicken and pineapple chunks on thin metal skewers, alternating 2 chicken chunks and 1 pineapple chunk. Brush reserved marinade over pineapple. Place skewers on a lightly greased grill 4-6 inches above a solid bed of hot coals. Cook, turning and basting with reserved marinade, until chicken is no longer pink in center (6-8 minutes).