Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 onions, slices
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 small tomatoes, halved
- Cut each chicken into 16 squares.
- In a bowl combine the yogurt, salt, turmeric, mustard, curry powder, cardamom and lemon juice, add the chicken and mix well and let stand for a few hours.
- Thread on skewers 2 chicken pieces, 1 slice of onion, 2 chicken pieces, 1/2 tomato. Repeat till all ingredients are used.
- Cook slowly, turning occasionally and brushing with the marinade, over hot coals until the chicken is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a hot platter, sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with fresh tomatoes, green pepper rings and fresh mint or parsley.