This can be marinated before putting on skewers, so everyone can make their own.
Make and share this Chicken Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- chicken, cut into 16 1 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1 inch rounds (16 pieces)
- 2 red peppers, cut into 16 square pieces
- 16 pineapple chunks
- 4 ears corn, cut into 16 round pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 slices ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 -5 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Alternate on each of 8 skewers 2 of each chicken, zucchini, peppers, pineapple, and corn.
- Place in a shallow container.
- Mix all of marinade ingredients together and pour over kebabs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from marinade and heat marinade simmer 5 minutes.
- Grill kebabs for about 15 minutes turning and basting every 5 minutes till chicken is browned.
- Serve with extra marinade.
We made these this afternoon for lunch and they were awesum! very flavorful, not to sweet just really good! I would suggest you make extra!
Nov, 2007: Excellent! I served these with steamed rice, so left out the corn so it could all be eaten mixed with the rice. (May add mushrooms next time thanks to one of the other reviewers) Marinated over night. The sauce is great with the rice, so will make a little more next time. Thanks very much Rita.
Jan 2011 Update: Still making your kebabs Rita! I recently had them cold (the following day) and added avocado to the sauce to form a thicker paste for spreading across the kebabs. The trick was to put the leftover sauce in a blender and gradually add avocado until the desired thickness had been achieved. Went down very well at the Ashes Test Match at the SCG!!!
We made this for a barbecue las weekend. It was very easy and tasty. We varied the vegies for what we had on hand. Made for Photo Tag.