Top Review by morgainegeiser
I thought these were quite good and simple to prepare. Lots of veggies, so quite healthy. I would have liked a little stronger flavor, I marinated them for a little over an hour, maybe even longer would have given it a stronger flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut 24 pieces
- 8 large green onions
- 2 medium zucchini, cut 24 pieces
- 2 large bell peppers, cut 24 1 inch squares
- 24 small button mushrooms (about 3/4 lb)
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl; marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the green tops from large onions and cut white portion of each onion into 3 pieces; set aside.
- Drain the chicken.
- Tightly thread 3 chicken pieces, 3 onion pieces, 3 zucchini pieces, 3 pepper squares and 3 mushrooms alternately onto each of 8 skewers.
- (If using wood skewers, soak in water for a few minutes before threading with vegetables and meat).
- Place the kebabs on the barbecue and cook until done, turning frequently (about 15 to 18 minutes).
- Serve over rice or noodles.