Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
What a wonderful snack this is! A guaranteed winner from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor! This will make you a kitchen goddess! Very appetising and good! My bro. loves this and you know how picky he is!
- 4 -5 refined flour rotis (flatbreads)
- 250 g boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 2 medium onions, peeled,washed and sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot, washed,scraped and cut into juliennes
- 2 green chilies, stems removed,washed and chopped finely
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh coriander leaves, cleaned,washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chat masala
- 4 -6 tablespoons green chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the chicken cubes with ginger, garlic and the green chilli pastes and salt for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute chicken cubes in it till done.
- Add cumin powder, chaat masala and check to see if the seasoning is right (i. e. to your taste, the way you like it).
- Mix onion and carrot.
- Now start making the kathi rolls.
- For this, put 1 tsp.
- of oil on a flat bottomed pan (tawa) and lightly heat the rotis.
- Smear each roti with 1 tbsp.
- of green chutney.
- Place 6-8 pieces of cooked chicken, sprinkle chopped green chillies and chopped corriander leaves.
- Spread a spoonful of onion and carrot mixture on the roti.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Roll the roti tightly over the stuffing.
- NOTE: Paneer (cottage cheese) or potato cubes can be used instead of chicken to make vegetarian kathi rotis.