Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cheap delicious recipe I got from a friend.
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into pieces around 1/4 an inch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Sauce, stir together the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and soy sauce, and a pinch of pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Place flour and panko bread crumbs onto separate plates and season with salt and pepper. Place the beaten egg in a medium bowl. Dip flattened chicken pieces first into flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs.
- Fry breaded chicken breasts in preheated oil until golden brown and no longer pink in center, around 8 minutes. Lay on to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil. Slice chicken into thin strips and top with a drizzle of sauce and a sprinkling of sliced green onions. remaining sauce is for dipping.