Recipe by larry #2
I made a great tasting dish and substituted chicken breast for a whole chicken. It's a great dish, especially my add ons, if I do say so myself :-) Inspiration/Sources:larry2:, EVELYN/ATHENS, 1STEVE, TERRY GOLDFARB+ "The Complete Book of Greek Cooking." I
Top Review by Alskann
Oh my! I found the instructions a bit confusing and so as I was making this I thought perhaps it would get a 3-star rating - if it tasted good. :) When I took the first bite and tasted the wonderful flavor explosion I changed my mind. This is marvelous! The subtle blend of the orange and cinnamon blend with the tomato to make a very pleasing and exciting flavor. It has just a hint of cayenne for bite. I loved it!! Clean up the directions so they are easier to follow and I will be more than happy to come back and change my rating to 5 stars!!!! Thanks for posting this Larry!!!!
- 1 3⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, WELL blended
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons sugar or 3 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1 orange, quartered with peel on
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cups onions, minced (3 whole onions)
- 16 ounces macaroni, cooked (small size)
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cinnamon, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large sprayed pot, melt 1/4 c EX.VIRG oil, and saute onions, and garlic until onions are wilted.
- In a sprayed pan combine, tomato pastes, sauces, wine; blend and add blended can tomatoes sugar, orange quarters, cayenne, etc, add chicken and water and pour mixture over chicken. (Add all ingredients not mentioned now,but in the ingedients list).
- In the pan with tomato and spice/wine mixture, Add chicken.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender, about 15 minutes, check doneness and TASTE.
- In the last 20 minutes, cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and empty pasta into large bowl, pour sauce w/chicken over macaroni; mix it, and sprinkle with grated cheese; remix.