Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Looking to tweek an old favorite for cleaner eating, this is the result. Add raisins, flaked coconut or chopped nuts to individual servings to suit personal tastes. Try it out!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian chicken soup base
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups kale, finely sliced
- Prepare brown rice on stovetop or in rice cooker.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Add garlic onion and chicken and saute for 7 minutes.
- Add carrots, ginger, curry, soup base, coconut milk and 1.5 cups water (reserving 1/2 cup for use with corn starch). Cover and let simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Prepare slurry with remaining half cup water and cornstarch and slowly pour into sauce, mixing well. Let simmer 10 more minutes to thicken.
- Stir kale into sauce, mixing throughout. Heat through (3-5 minutes), then reduce heat.
- Serve Chicken Kale Curry sauce over brown rice and ENJOY!