Recipe by roja khan
serve with naan.
Top Review by Chef Lemon
Pretty good and easy to make. I didn't bother peeling the tomato. My chicken was cooked in about 20 minutes. I did cut it into bite-sized pieces though.<br/><br/>I used olive oil and only half an onion. Serve it with white rice and sauteed zucchini. Everyone cleaned their plates.
- 1 lb cutup skinless chicken piece
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3 peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry the chiken with paper towels. Fry the onion with the garlic & ginger in the oil until it becomes translucent and brown.
- Add everything into the mix including the chicken. Keep aside the cilantro for garnish.
- Fry for a few minutes until the chicken is coated with spices.
- Cover tightly & cook over very low heat for about 40/45 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro for added taste.