This is an Omani recipe for a chicken and rice dish. It comes from Nestle. For the Omani spices you can use Omani Spice Mix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season chicken with the salt and 1 tablespoon of the Omani spice mix.
- Roast chicken on a rack or in a baking dish for 45 minutes until it is cooked through and the skin has browned; remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the ghee, then add the onions and cook until golden, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of spice mix and garlic; add the bouillon and water.
- Once the mixture boils, stir in the rice; cover, reduce heat and cook on low for about 25 minutes until rice is tender.
- Serve rice with chicken on top.
- Garnish with toasted almonds.