Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love to grill these in the summer. The bacon adds flavor and moistness to the chicken and is just YUMMY!! NOTE: For some reason it will not let me add that you need 2 cans of unsweetened pineapple chunks, one 20 ounce can and one 8 ounce can. Sorry!!
- 28 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks (2 cans)
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1 lb) packagesliced bacon
- 2 large sweet onions
- 4 large green peppers (or other veggie of choice)
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- Drain the pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce and reserved juice. Cut each piece of chicken into 4 strips. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large, resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Cut in half widthwise. Cut each onion into 16 wedges; cut each pepper into eight pieces. Drain and discard marinade from plastic bag. Wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken strip.
- On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the bacon wrapped chicken, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade.