Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
These kabobs are awesome and easy to make, but it does take some preparing time. The longer you marinate the more moist and tasty they are. We served these at our Memorial Day BBQ and we couldn't make them fast enough and we got great raves from all our family and friends... even the kids love these! Also a few ingredients go a long way... just plan ahead. I used the family pack of chicken (7-8 large boneless breasts) and it fed over 30 people)!
- skewer (I use the wooden type)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bell pepper (I like to use a little of all 3 for color green bell, red, and yellow)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- Catalina dressing (Equal parts of both dressings, I use 1 small bottle each of Kraft brand)
- Italian dressing
- Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour before before putting food on them. I like to put them in a water pitcher.
- cut peppers and onion into approximately 1 inch pieces.
- cut chicken into approximately 1 inch pieces.
- place peppers, onions, chicken, and pineapple (drain juice) into a large glass bowl. (Don't use a plastic bowl or the catalina will stain it and the chicken can pick up a plastic taste).
- Add equal parts of italian dressing and catalina dressing to large bowl, mix well and cover with plastic wrap or lid. Marinade over night if possible (but no less than 5 hours).
- Place ingredients on skewers alternating chicken, peppers, onions, pineapple in any order. (This is a messy job!) I put each prepared skewer on a foiled cookie sheet to take outside to grill and put a new sheet of foil on for the cooked kabobs.
- Place on bbq grill and cook until chicken is done (approx. 15-20 min.) Any left over veggies can be placed in a pie tin and cooked on the grill. MMM!