24 hrs 30 mins
Chef #355450 Heather's Note:
These kabobs are awesome and easy to make, but it does take some preparing time. The longer you marinate the more moist and tasty they are. We served these at our Memorial Day BBQ and we couldn't make them fast enough and we got great raves from all our family and friends... even the kids love these! Also a few ingredients go a long way... just plan ahead. I used the family pack of chicken (7-8 large boneless breasts) and it fed over 30 people)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- skewer (I use the wooden type)
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bell pepper (I like to use a little of all 3 for color green bell, red, and yellow)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- Catalina dressing (Equal parts of both dressings, I use 1 small bottle each of Kraft brand)
- Italian dressing
- 1Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour before before putting food on them. I like to put them in a water pitcher.
- 2cut peppers and onion into approximately 1 inch pieces.
- 3cut chicken into approximately 1 inch pieces.
- 4place peppers, onions, chicken, and pineapple (drain juice) into a large glass bowl. (Don't use a plastic bowl or the catalina will stain it and the chicken can pick up a plastic taste).
- 5Add equal parts of italian dressing and catalina dressing to large bowl, mix well and cover with plastic wrap or lid. Marinade over night if possible (but no less than 5 hours).
- 6Place ingredients on skewers alternating chicken, peppers, onions, pineapple in any order. (This is a messy job!) I put each prepared skewer on a foiled cookie sheet to take outside to grill and put a new sheet of foil on for the cooked kabobs.
- 7Place on bbq grill and cook until chicken is done (approx. 15-20 min.) Any left over veggies can be placed in a pie tin and cooked on the grill. MMM!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Kabobs on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 41.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 14.8 g