Make and share this Chicken Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
Jerk Seasoning Rub
- 3 limes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Ingredients for Kabobs
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (cut in bite sized chunks)
- 1 large red pepper (chopped skewer sized)
- 1 large orange bell pepper (chopped skewer sized)
- 1 large green pepper (chopped skewer sized)
- 1 large yucca root, peeled and cooked for 10 minutes in hot, boiling water (chopped for skewer)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cooked for 10 minutes in hot boiling water (chopped for skewer)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks (juice drained, can keep for later addition to extra reserved rub)
- 12 small onions, skins peeled off (small white onions)
- 1 mango (peeled and chopped into bite size pieces)
Serve with Kabobs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
- 1 green onion, sliced in thin slices
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- Slice limes in half, squeeze lime juice into food processor or Magic Bullet bowl.
- De seed the chili, (be careful and use gloves) only using the outside flesh.
- Add garlic and rest ingredients to food processor bowl.
- Blend until all bits are mixed.
- Save 1/4 of marinade to dot on meat after grilling.
- Place meat into a dish or plastic bag, making sure the meat is completely covered.
- Put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, more is better. (Up to 24 hours for outstanding tastes).
- If using wooden skewers, make sure you have soaked them in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill, and remove meat from marinade, (throw excess away).
- Add 1 tablespoon of pineapple juice to extra reserved amount of jerk seasoning.
- Thread chicken with vegetable, and fruit ingredients onto skewers in your own unique, creative way.
- Carefully put chicken/vegetable skewers on grill, and turning frequently, cook for at least 10-15 minutes at a medium heat. (Watch them carefully).
- Last 3-5 minutes lavishly apply (as desired) the extra Jerk Seasoning, to the kabobs.