Recipe by anme
A great recipe for BBQ chicken.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I made this for 30 hungry teens for a "progressive dinner" and it was a success. All the teens told me how much they loved the kabobs and the coach wanted the recipe to make for his entertaining, too. I used peach juice (drained from can of peaches). These were slightly sweet in flavor and very tender (marinated for 2 days). Thanks Anme for answering my request in the forums. Roxygirl.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 pineapple rings, cubed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup mango, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped into 1 inch wedges
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup peach juice or 1⁄4 cup left over pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all veggies and chicken into equal sized pieces.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and boil for a few minutes, let cool.
- Pour most of the sauce into a zip lock bag and place cut up chicken in the bag and squeeze it all around until it is mixed up nice and good.
- Place in refrigerator for at least an hour (the longer, the better I feel).
- Put veggies in the reserved sauce.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill up (I use my George Foreman with good results and broiler).
- Thread skewers with chicken and veggies.
- Grill until chicken is done (about 10-15 minutes), basting constantly with the reserved marinating sauce from the veggies.
- (You can double the sauce ingredients if you feel you do not have enough; also feel free to add more veggies. I add peppers and mushrooms sometimes).