Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A warm and hearty Chinese porridge also known as congee. Great use for the leftover chicken or turkey "body." Another meal from one of those Costco roasted chickens! Traditionally eaten as breakfast, we love it any time. Made it yesterday for dinner and it's so ono!
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear & put in slow cooker.
- Add everything to slow cooker.
- Set on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Stir before serving.
- Garnish with diced green onions, shoyu, salt, white pepper, even leftover chicken or turkey meat.
- The bones will still be in soup so sip slowly!