Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different twist on the hamburger favorite. Serve very hot on CWB's (cheap, white buns) just like Carolina barbecue. Top with slaw and huge dashes of Texas Pete or Tabasco...enjoy
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon gran. garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleof your favorite barbecue sauce
- Poach chicken in just enough water to cover in large pot.
- Remove meat and dice into 1/2" cubes.
- Add vegetables to liquid and simmer until only two cups broth remain.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to heat.
- Turn into hot crockpot for serving.
I used a slightly different cooking method for these ingredients, but came up with a very tasty finished product. I put all of the ingredients, except the barbeque sauce (and the pimentos--omitted because I didn't have any on hand) into a casserole dish and poured enough chicken broth over to cover. I put the lid on the casserole and popped it into a 350 oven until the chicken was done. I cooled the chicken and shredded it (to resemble pulled pork) then added the barbeque sauce (along with the seasoned broth and veggies) and heated through. Roasting the chicken with the veggies and seasonings gave it a great flavor. My hubby didn't believe it was chicken, as the flavor was very similiar to a bbq pork sandwich that I make. We will make this again! Very easy and so yummy.
a little spicy!! BUT GREAT!!