Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice summer lunch. Jicama gives the salad a nice crisp crunch. Serve on a bed of lettuce or on buns.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup peeled and diced jicama
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, as needed to taste
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, jicama, carrots, onion, parsley and dill weed.
- Add sour cream, mayo (start w/ just the 1/4 cup of mayo and see if you need more), pepper and salt.
- Stir to coat evenly.
- Chill until ready to serve.
This is very creamy and crunchy. A nice contrast of texture. I added fresh lime juice to lighten the creaminess. Made a wrap with it adding fresh baby spinach. I used leftover chicken from Chicken Fajitas With Grilled Peppers and Onions which gave great flavor. I also enjoyed the fresh herbs in this. Thanks.
This one had to grow on me a bit. Initially, the dill was overpowering and dominated the flavors too much for me. Let it chill overnight and the dill mellowed and all the other flavors came together. I loved the additional crunch from the jicama making this more interesting than your typical chicken salad. I will probably continue to play with this a bit, but definitelt think its well worth trying. Thanks Parsley!