Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy, delicious and special enough for guests when you don't feel like slaving for a long time over the stove.
- 1 chicken, disjointed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- vegetable oil
- 4 artichoke hearts, halved
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Skin the chicken if desired.
- Salt and pepper chicken; brown in butter and about a teaspoon of vegetable oil (this keeps the butter from burning).
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and artichoke hearts to the pan, then pour the sherry and lemon juice over them and stir to combine.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and cover and cook for 15 minutes until the wine is reduced.
- Stir in the cream and chives and warm about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Whip the sour cream and stir into the sauce in the skillet.
- Pour over the chicken.