Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband and I used to eat this dish at a restaurant. Loved it! Finally got the recipe. The white wine and butter sauce gives the chicken a "dinner in the French Countryside" taste.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Brown chicken pieces.
- Add green onions, water and wine.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and artichoke hearts.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Before serving top with grated parmesan cheese.
To make this a richer chicken dish, I use Chicken broth instead of water and I saute 2 cloves of garlic in the butter before I add the chicken.
The chicken was moist and delicous, the artichoke hearts were tender, the sauce was just right. We loved it.
Very decadent and tasty. I used half the amount of artichoke hearts because that's all I had on hand and found it to be sufficient. Thank you.