Recipe by gailanng
This is my spin on Reynolds Aluminum Foil Packet Cooking. For the utmost ease, cook the rice the night before and refrigerate. Reynolds Quick & Easy Packet Directions: 1. Center ingredients on a greased 12x18 inch sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil. 2. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to form a packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets. 3. Bake on a cookie sheet in preheated 450 degree oven. 4. After cooking, carefullly open end of foil packet first to allow steam to escape. Then open top of foil packet. Tip: For the easiest of clean-up, foil line baking sheet.
Top Review by Smarahcakes
Let me start by saying I don't have a lot of experience with authentic jambalaya. That being said I thought this was tasty and so did 6 members of my family. I doubled the recipe and prepared it in a 9x13 pan like MarthaStewartWanabe. In case anyone is wondering the same thing I was (do I really have to use converted rice?/what is converted rice?)... the internet says that it's good for recipes like jambalaya so the rice doesn't get clumpy and sticky and sad.
- heavy duty aluminum foil, 4 sheets 12 x 18 inches
- 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted brand rice, cook according to package instructions. For even more flavor, rice may be cooked in chicken broth (use only converted rice)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 -4 teaspoons cajun seasoning (many good recipes on zaar)
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- green onion, sliced (scallions)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Spray sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season chicken strips with Cajun seasoning.
- In a small bowl combine tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic, dehydrated onions, fresh parsley, dried Italian seasoning, cayenne and bell pepper.
- In a large bowl combine cooked rice, tomato mixture, seasoned chicken strips and smoked sausage slices.
- Center one-fourth of mixture on each sheet of greased foil, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets and place on baking sheet. Two baking sheets may be required.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- Open packet as directed above and top with green onions.
- Even better the next day!